subscribe: Posts | Comments

Women Dies In Botch Buttock Enhancement

0 comments
Women Dies In Botch Buttock Enhancement

Botch buttock enhancement kills British tourist…

A British medical-tourist visiting American has died following a botch buttock enhancement surgery which was allegedly performed in a hotel room in Pennsylvania.

It is believed that Claudia Adusei, 20, and her friend had both organized procedures on the Internet and had traveled from London with 2 other friends to undergo surgery in a hotel room near the Philadelphia International Airport.

Adusei underwent her buttock enhancement surgery on the 7th Feb, one the same day her friend received a hip replacement. Just one day after the surgery Adusei was pronounced dead the Pennsylvania Hospital.

pennsylvania hospital 550x412 Women Dies In Botch Buttock Enhancement

Pennsylvania Hospital

Although an official autopsy results have yet to be released, it is believed that the women may have died due to pulmonary embolism. Pulmonary embolisms are blood clots that form in the lungs, and can be the result of complications caused by injection liquid silicone – permanent filler that is banned in the US as well as many other countries.

Police are now investigating the death, however the women thought to have performed the procedure has yet to be detained.

Experts noted that number of buttock enhancement surgeries is on the rise, especially in ‘places like Brazil,’ says Paul Harris, plastic surgery consultant at the Royal Marsden hospital in London. Harris did point out that while the number of buttock enhancement surgeries performed in the UK was also increasing, liquid silicone injections was not used because of the risks.

This tragic incident is a prime example of what can happen when opting for cheap procedures performed by unlicensed surgeons; further substantiating the need to visit an experienced and registered professional when undergoing plastic or reconstructive surgery.

If you would like to find out more about safe and affordable medical tours for cosmetic and/or reconstructive procedures performed by board certified plastic surgeons, please click here>>>


SHARE :

Related posts:

TAGS :

, , , , , ,

SOURCE :

  1. Unknown: UK woman dies after ‘buttocks injection’ at US hotel. BBC, 02/09/2011.

Comments are closed.