Worms in Your Body

Worms in Your Body

Worms that thrive on the human body....

Usually it’s our dogs, cats and horses that are prone to worm infections, but people are mammals too, and the human body is just a great a place as any for these little suckers to set up shop.

There are many types of worms we humans can secumb to. Here is a quick overview of the most common types of worms you may one day find crawling through your bodies delicious high-ways.

Pinworms are the most common type of worm found in the human body. Also known as seatworms, pinworms live inside the colon but exit to lay their eggs on the outside of the host’s body. The female worm lays her eggs during nighttime, causing the host to scratch, thus transporting the eggs to infect a new person, or reinfect the host.

Pinworm is the most prevalent parasite infection in the United States and Europe today. Pinworm is most commonly found in school-aged children, but it can occur in adults as well.

Another common type of worm that can make its home in the human body is the roundworm. Infected soil or fruits are the main method of transmission to humans. Unlike most other worms/

Roundworm eggs can find their way from the intestines to other organs where they can do major damage.

Tapeworms are commonly found in cats and dogs, but can often make their home in humans as well. Common causes of infection included eating undercooked, infected fish.

Once inside the body the parasite feeds by attaching itself to the wall of the intestine where it lives off nutrients that the body absorbs.

Hookworms are a particularly nasty parasite that, according to, actually has teeth. Infection can be caused by consuming compromised fruit or water, or by coming into contact with soil or water where the worms reside. According to OptumHealth, “the larvae will bore through the skin and ride through the lymph circulation to the right side of the heart.”

The larvae are then pumped into the lungs where they bore into the tiny air sacs (alveoli) of the lungs. Once these larvae are coughed up, they are swallowed and pass to the small intestine where they can reside for up 14 years.

Liver Flukes

Liver flukes make their home in the bodies liver where they begin to make holes. They can survive for decades.

There is a wide variety of methods of becoming infected by a liver fluke, including eating contaminated food, or drinking contaminated water.

Guinea Worm

Also known as dracunculiasis, the Guinea worm is a parasitic worm infection that occurs mainly in Africa. The Guinea worm is as thin as a paper clip and it can grow up to a staggering three feet long.

Once the larvae mature inside the human body, the Guinea worm exits the body through a painful blister in the skin. This can cause long-term suffering and oftentimes, crippling aftereffects.

Ring worm, or “Tinea” which means “growing worm” in Latin, is a fungal infection that can be found on the surface of the skin. Unlike other worms, Ring worm is caused by fungus that creates a ‘ring’ on the skin, hence the name.

Ring worm remains on the surface of the skin, hair or nails until treated and it does not invade other parts of the body, such as the insides or mucous membranes. Ring worm does, however, thrive in moist, warm conditions on the skin, such as the areas around the groin and between the toes. It is very easy to catch ring worm in places such as locker rooms, showers, and swimming pools.

Morgellons Worm

Morgellons worm, or Morgellons disease, is a misunderstood disease that, is rarely recognized as a parasitic affliction by members of the medical community. Many people believe that Morgellons is carried by microscopic parasitic worms called nematodes, which invade their host and contribute to the feeling of bugs (or worms) crawling on and under the skin.

Patients who are diagnosed with Morgellons disease report a host of general symptoms including itching skin lesions similar to pimples. They may fester on their own and are often reinforced by scratching or picking at the wounds. Fibers also erupt from the skin and at these points, black specks can also be detected. Many patients report that balled cocoon-like threads are produced from the sores or even unblemished skin. The infected host may also experience sensations such as bugs crawling under the skin, through the hair, and in the ears.

Loa Loa Worms

Loa Loa worms (also known as the “eye worm”) are classified as filarial worms, meaning they thrive in human tissue. The Loa Loa worm is also called the “eye worm” because they often migrate through the eye and surrounding subsurface areas.

The larvae are passed on by flies who have bitten an infected host. Once the fly bites the human, the larvar enters the body. Loa Loa worms can live approximately fifteen years inside their human hosts. They travel continuously through connective and deep tissue, often without the victim experiencing any sensation other than occasional itching.

When the worm slows or reaches a sensitive spot that a person will often feel the greatest discomfort. At this point, immune reactions may also include localized redness and a condition called “Calabar” swelling. Skin eruptions and muscle pain may be evident. When the Loa Loa worm reaches the eye tissue, it can be easily seen and felt within the eyeball for up to an hour. It is usually removed under local anesthesia if the patient is within proximity of a qualified physician. may remain unnoticed for months or years before becoming an adult, mating, and producing offspring.

1. Unavailable, please contact us for more information.
  1. hey, thanks for this… just found out how much we should care when eating our food!

2. mick thomas says:

Live in Thailand. We often find ” worms ‘” in damp areas or after rain. They are a muddy brown colour with a black  hammer shaped head and tail and the longest I’ve seen is about 5 centimeters. Any idea what they are and are they a cause for concern ? Thanks.

• Delphine says:

They are leeches. They live in damp forests in Thailand and will literally smell you coming and make tracks to climb aboard. If you trek you’ll regularly find dozens inside your boots and crawling up your legs. Be warned!

3. hello ..nice picture of more worms…its yakie..ew however its true…i’m so scared about this picture..but i need this for my reference and report…i hope you may help more people about this.thank you so much for information

4. Thanks a lot. This really told me some things that I didn’t know. It also directed me to other sites to do more research on these parasitic “creatures!”

5. glorysurgery says:

I dont think I will be able to sleep now!

6. Kat Morris says:

I have both tapeworms (from feline) and hookworm both intestinally and in my skin for almost 8 years. My family will not see me, because they fear they’ll contract them. I have nieces and nephews I’ve never met, can not work, lost my home, car, and friends. I’m forced to seclude myself. I’ve tested possitive several times and it’s extremely obvious. Though I live in tropical climate, I’m forced to wear long sleeves and pants when its above 100 degrees. The doctors who have tested me, with possitive results, but do not know enough about parasites. They will prescibe an antibiotic (the worst thing they could do) or an antihelminith, without any understanding of the dosage, that the dosage is measured by body weight, the legnth of time the course of medication should be prescibed, and never retest me. I continuously am autoinfected, which they don’t under stand happens. They will say “everything must be dead by now!” then refer me to the next doctor. 90% of them, diagnose me with mental illness, schitzophenia, delusions, or some skin disease that I do not have! Meanwhile, I am absolutely infested. Rarely do doctor exam me closer than 7-10 feet. The do not see, at times, there are live worms emerging from my skin, that I need to wear adult diapers because I bleed rectally, on a daily basis, intense enough to soak threw my clothes. (Sorry for the graphic description, but I must add there are plenty of live and dead worms in my clothes daily) I shower 3-5 times a day, pass worms daily, have abdominal cramps, where I am bent at the waist, and can not walk. I’m coughing them up, as well as blood, on a daily basis. They’re in my eyes, which were incorrectly diagnosed as conjuctivitis/pink eye by an ER doctor who didn’t bother to look closely and exam my eyes. I later lost my eyesite completely for a week, thankfully it came back, but it remains cloudy and blurry. Im alone. I feel as though I’m dying. I have extremely high fevers several times a week, intense night sweats, intense headaches and migraines, vomiting, heart palpations, angina bad enough that im breathless and bent over, once again, at the waist. Some days I sleep for over 24 hrs without waking up, other times, Im awake for days from anxiety. This has absolutely ruined my life. I would never wish this on anyone. I’ve been to 100’s of medical providers, some have commited me to psych wards, where there is never a diagnoses of mental illness. I’m basically waiting to die. My lymph nodes are swollen and exaggerated, as are my joints. My abdomen is distended to the point I appear Im in my final trimester. I was once a popular, healthy, outgoing woman, who is educated, once excelled in sports, and was close to family and surrounded by friends. I’m prescribed Valium for the anxiety, and always have much more prescribed than I use. Not a day goes by that I consider swallowing the entire bottle with a bottle of wine. I don’t drink, so it would affect me greatly. It’s too humiliating. I’ve drained my savings, and can not seek further medical help. If one physician would read my story, perhaps a life would be saved. Other than holding a gun to a pharmacist and demanding the correct medications, I have no options. I’ve been laughed at, shunned, humiliated, treated as a subhuman, and completely disrespected by the medical community. I guarantee if I uploaded pictures of what’s in my body, they would change their attitudes. I pray it doesn’t happen to their daughter or family member. That’s my two cents. At least if I pass away, so will the pain.

• acupuncture.girl says:

I am so sorry to hear about your condition. I would recommend alternative medicine if the Western medicine community is failing to help or resolve the issue. For example, try to find a Chinese herbalist who is seasoned in treating worm infestation, or has decades of experience.
      In the meantime, eat pumpkin seeds & garlic pills. If you’re courageous, try raw garlic in increments and colloidal silver from a good respectable company. You might be surprised with the results! And good luck!
      PS Have you consider living temporarily in a cold climate to prevent reinfestation?

• Oh no, I feel so sorry for you, I don’t know how to help, but this sound terrible! Don’t give up! Try, try, try, until you succeed ! God bless you ! And post some updates if you can, or your email we may write a bit, if nothing at least someone to talk!

• Have you tried ivrmectin paste. actually I was in hospital for 5 days and 15 blood cultures and they could not figure out what my problem was and one trip to a feed store and $12.50 pretty much took care of the problem. my dad recommended it to me because he was in the military and they give it to all the infantry in jungle and tropical climates. doctors visited me during my 5 day stay with a white lab coats and asking me if I was delusional. so I’ve seen all sides of what you’re talking about from the doctors. one even wanted to cut the majority of my foot off. if I had not gotten my father involved who knows how involve my treatment might have been. I took the ivermectin and never went back to the doctor.

• Dear god!! Did you recurve any help in the end??!!

7. Dana Avalos says:

Hi Kat,
    my heart goes out to you. i have a few suggestions
    for you, if you are interested. i also battle with
    parasitic worms/parasites. i’m not too good at texting,
    & do not always have access to me email.
    maybe we can communicate thru phone eventually.
    i am better, been battling 4 years.
    Praying for Your Healing. 😉

8. deborah morinaj says:

Hi Kat.
    I was so sad to read what you are suffering.
    Have you considered morgellons disease?
    live parasitic worms also come with that too.
    It may be related to the rhesus neg blood type.
    Possible that you could try treatments aimed at this.
    also electronic zappers can possibly kill off blood borne parasites. look for Clark zapper on ebay or Beck zapper, slight variations on similar theme.
    Unfortunately the medical profession is unable to deviate from standard diagnosis and treatments without the fear of repercussions on their own career / credibility.
    Please don’t feel alone as so many people are suffering with parasites now. I read somewhere that the average human has 100 – 200 different species living on / in them, so all these people you are holding off from visits probably have encountered your parasites before but just don’t exhibit symptoms / or exhibit different ones to you.
    If friends / family are happy to visit you, let them, taking reasonable precautions.
    Hold on tight to the Creator, while it may not cure you, it can give you peace (I find). You have a purpose and although the world is infected the Bible assures us of a future hope.
    Wishing you well,

9. Jill Dobbs says:

This is amazing – I just read my story. I have been given parasitic drugs (Albenza) which altered my entire body – it was great! Then the doctor thought it was enough time and took the drugs away – now I’m back to where I was – I’m working on getting the drugs back – the reason I found your entry – I was looking up liver fluke images. This is really bad and I think criminal. Do you know how you first got the parasites? And if you get rid of them can you be reinfected?